- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 TBS sherry
- 1 TBS sriracha (less if you don’t want it to be spicy)
- 1 TBS arrowroot mixed with 3 tablespoons water and stir together
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery, very finely sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, coconut sugar, ginger, sherry, sriracha, arrowroot mixture, rice wine vinegar and garlic. Set aside.
Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Add the celery, red peppers, and chili flakes, and cook for 2 minutes, then return the chicken to the skillet. Pour in the sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon, until the sauce has thickened. Add the peanuts if using and toss together. Garnish with green onions.
For more delicious recipes from Amanda, follow her on Instagram @jj_eats_.