If on a sunny day, you often find yourself looking for activities, we have some of our favorites compiled for you! Be it fall, winter, spring or summer, we all need to change it up every so often!
If we missed anything great, feel free to email [email protected] anytime!
- Ambler Farm (Wilton) – In addition to week-long camps all summer, Ambler Farm has an apprentice program and on Saturday mornings, middle and high schoolers help on the farm and will introduce kids to the animals which they can pet and meet up close. They also have a farmstand open on Saturday mornings.
- Beach (Compo/Jennings)
- Beardsley Zoo (Bridgeport) – the closest local zoo with a lot of fun animals to see; great for parties as well!
- Bruce Museum for Art & Science (Greenwich) – Great museum in downtown Greenwich with both art and natural history exhibition space
- Chelsea Piers – sports complex, indoor water park (time slot needs to be scheduled in advance) and indoor jump and climb zone
- The Cookie Workshop (Trumbull) – Make your own cupcake and cookie activities for kids and parents
- The Discovery Museum & Planetarium (Bridgeport) – The Discovery Museum and Planetarium is a hands-on science museum in Bridgeport with a terrific indoor and outdoor ropes course.
- FunBox (Milford) – NEW! The World’s biggest bounce park! Created with a mission to transform the way families have fun by creating the ultimate inflatable park experience, Unbox is not to be missed!
- Grace Farms (New Canaan) – a non-profit center dedicated to advancing faith, nature, arts, community and justice initiatives. Offers art classes for kids (check schedule) and has beautiful walking and hiking paths.
- Hands on Pottery (Fairfield) – great for birthday parties, and has a bunch of pre-made ceramics that are ready to paint, accessible to all ages, and super fun
- Jones Farm (Shelton) – Berry, pumpkin and apple picking
- Lake Mohegan Splash Pad – splash pad, playground, and small lake where kids can play. Great hiking trails there as well.
- Library (Westport/Fairfield/Weston) – *The Westport Library has passes to many museums which you can check out here.
- The Maritime Aquarium
- Matthews Park – Playground & splash pad at Norwalk Beach
- Monster Mini Golf (Bethel) – a fun indoor mini golf course that is under black lights!
- Ole Soccer (Fairfield- Blackrock) – great playspace for rainy days
- Rock Climb Fairfield (Fairfield) – a rock climbing gym with many different walls to climb – can work with someone trained, or be trained to belay your own kids. All ages welcome!
- Skyzone Norwalk – Trampoline Park (Trumbull location as well)
- Silverman’s Farm (Easton) – Berry, pumpkin, and apple picking in addition to an awesome animal farm
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center – Nature center with outdoor farm and amazing summer festivals
- Stepping Stones Museum – Children’s museum (especially good for toddlers and pre-K)
Little bit of a drive but a great full day:
- Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park (Portland, CT) – Water Park, Zip Lines, Cliff Jumps and more! If your kids like the water, this is one not to miss!
- Connecticut Watersport’s on Bantam Lake – boat rentals, including people who can drive it, water sport’s off the boats (i.e., tubing, skiing), and pontoon leasing)
- It™ Adventure Indoor Ropes Course at Jordan’s Furniture (New Haven)
- Lake Compounce (Bristol, CT) – Amusement and water park
- Lyman Orchards (Middlefield, CT) – Farm with over 100 Pick-your-own varieties of fruits, pumpkins, and more
- Mystic Seaport & Aquarium (Mystic) – Museum of America and the Sea, and a fantastic aquarium
- New England Air Museum (Windsor Locks, CT) – great museum for slightly older kids a little over an hour away (*Westport library has passes for this)
- Quassy (Middlebury, CT)- Amusement park
- Rye Playland – fantastic amusement park with water facilities as well
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History (New Haven) – awesome science museum with dinosaur exhibit; great pizza nearby