Brunch Places for Kids
If you’re like us and wonder almost every weekend morning if there are any good options for brunch in the area, there are! We have put together a list of some of our favorites, but are open to other ideas, so send them our way
- Aux Delices – with two locations in downtown Westport and on Post Rd East, Aux Delices has options for kids and adults. A more casual brunch spot where you order at the counter, but they have everything from a breakfast burrito to a salad sampler, and can accomodate any and all requests!
- Bar Taco – located right on the Saugatuck River, Bar Taco is a hidden gem for a fast and reasonably priced brunch or lunch with kids. Whether your kids want the quesadilla sampler with corn and fruit kebabs serving 3 for $14 or you want some tacos or the chopped salad, there is something for everyone. And coloring books galore!
- Centro – located in downtown Fairfield, Centro has indoor and outdoor seating, and a great brunch and lunch menu with everything from omelets to salads to a kids burger. The tables can be covered with crayon friendly paper, which always buys you some time, and the outdoor seating has some great park space nearby to keep kids entertained while they’re eating! There is a lot of seating for bigger parties as well.
- Golds – an old school NY-style deli right across from Trader Joe’s, Gold’s has it all. Whether you are craving a bagel with lox and cream cheese, or just want a warm bowl of soup, you can’t go wrong. They have table service, take out, and catering, and the family who owns and runs is as warm as they come. Kids can get a bagel or eggs, and the Super is a favorite sandwich in our households!
- The Granola Bar – a new-ish Westport gem, TGB has it all. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, smoothies…you can’t go wrong for kids or parents. Though it is not a large space, tables turn over quickly, and they have outdoor seating when the weather cooperates. Their egg sandwich and the Dana are fan faves (kids love their strawberry muffins!), and the Buffalo Chicken Wrap with chips and the Green Goddess dressing is a must-try. YUM
- Mystic Market – The NEW Mystic Market is one not to be missed! Whether you want a quick breakfast, a great salad, sandwich or soup, or even a prepared meal for tonight’s dinner, this is your spot! The food is fresh, the employees are warm and welcoming, and the space is clean and spacious. Check it out if you haven’t; you won’t be disappointed!
- Sherwood Diner – enough said.
- Sono Baking Co – Norwalk– if you’re willing to drive a bit further, Sono Baking Company has a delicious variety of breakfast and lunch options. Their monkey bread is the perfect sweet treat, and they sell amazing breads and baked goods in addition to having a full breakfast menu. There is also a location in Darien.
- Spotted Horse– not only a great spot for dinner during the week but Spotted Horse also has a delicious brunch on Saturday & Sunday starting at 11:30am. If the traditional brunch options do not suit your picky kid, they have a “pony” menu for the kids. BIG PERK: The kids can play at the church playground across the street while they wait for the food to come or if they behave during brunch!
- Sugar & Olives – a hidden gem across the street from Bed, Bath & Beyond on the Westport / Norwalk border, Sugar & Olives is an amazing space with a constantly changing farm to table menu. The open kitchen provides a fun environment to watch the food being made, and the food is absolutely delicious. Call to confirm hours and menu selection as it can be limited.