Private Schools – What YOU Need to Know!
If ever you are wondering about the Private School options in the area, and any Open Houses they might be holding, the below should hopefully help! Learn about some of the options available for all different types of students. If we missed any, feel free to email us anytime at [email protected]
- About our program: Easton Country Day is a small, coed PreK – 12 private school which is open full time this school year! We are operating under all government standards for safety. ECDS uses its small size and a unique, individual educational approach to ensure each child not only achieves academic excellence in a safe and loving environment, but also learns those skills necessary to be a caring and responsible citizen. We build a relationship with each child. We promote excellence in individual academic achievement in the context of our motto “Responsibility, Integrity, Community – Praxis.” This, and our innovative scheduling methods, gives us the flexibility to place children in classes that fit their academic and social needs and to respond rapidly to change and growth in each child. ECDS offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity. We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts. We teach children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school.
- Website: http://www.eastoncountrydayschool.org/
- Contact: Email [email protected] | (203) 268-5530
Fairfield Country Day School (FCDS)
- About our school: Fairfield Country Day School is a private all-boys school that prepares K-9 boys to face the everyday challenges and pivotal turning points of their lifetime with confidence, courage and compassion. FCDS is where young boys prepare to become leaders who Meet the Moment; high-achieving men of civility, dignity and honor who turn their purpose and passions into impact, choose a greater good over personal gain, and rise to every occasion with confidence, courage and compassion. Here, those moments could be an everyday event like delivering a speech, or a pivotal turning point like learning to accept defeat with deference and grace.
- Open Houses:
- Admission Open House: Sunday, November 6th, 1pm – 3pm
- Website: www.fairfieldcountryday.org
- Contact: Email: [email protected] | Phone: (203) 259-2723
- About our program: At Greens Farms Academy (GFA) we empower students to do the hard, thrilling, essential work of shaping their own world, of building their own future. More than 700 PreK–12 students come from 23 towns in Fairfield and Westchester counties and form an inclusive community that plays on 64 interscholastic athletic teams, participates in a robust service-learning program, and aspires to live by our school’s motto, “Each for All.” GFA cultivates curiosity and prepares students for an evolving world. Since 1925, Greens Farms Academy has graduated thousands of compassionate, enterprising, broad-minded individuals with the courage and vision to build a better tomorrow.
- Admission Information: Open House and admission information can be found at gfacademy.org/admission or see below:
- Middle and Upper School Open Houses:
- Sunday, October 15th – 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Sunday, December 3rd – 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Lower School Open Houses:
- Thursday, October 12th – 9:30am – 11:00am
- Wednesday, December 6th – 9:30am – 11:00am
- PreK and Kindergarten Explore Day:
- Saturday, November 4 – 9:30am – 11:30am
- Please join us for our Coffee and Conversation information sessions offered throughout the fall. Visit our website for the full schedule.
- Website: gfaacademy.org
- Contact: Questions? Please call us at 203-256-7514 or email [email protected]
- About Hamden Hall: Hamden Hall Country Day School was established in 1912 as the nation’s fourth country day school. With our three expansive campuses and premier faculty, we enjoy an admirable reputation as a hallmark of excellence within the greater academic community. Our “big” reputation is juxtaposed by the fact that we are a small, tight-knit community committed to instilling our core values into daily campus life and getting to know each student individually. We’re also big on providing a rigorous academic program with large-scale opportunities and resources amid our dynamic learning environment.
- Three-quarters of graduating seniors historically admitted to colleges ranked as “most competitive” or “highly competitive.” View our matriculation list.
- More than 25 Advanced Placement and post-AP academic courses offered.
- After School Academy featuring Extended Day, Extended Courses, and Extended Activities during after-school hours and non-school days. Learn more here.
- Over 50 varsity and sub-varsity offerings at the Middle and Upper School levels.
- Signature Programs include our Global Online Academy, Early Childhood Program, Mystic Seaport Partnership, Science, Innovation & Design Program, Princeton Peer Leadership Program, MakerSpace Design Lab, and Theatre Program. Read more here.
- 100 percent of our musicians who auditioned at regional competitions earned a spot, and Hamden Hall is traditionally the most represented school.
- Between 15 and 20 percent of our graduating student-athletes compete at the collegiate Division I, II, and III levels.
- Click here to view more quick facts.
- Visiting Opportunities: Click here to register.
- Coffee and Campus Tours allow prospective families to view school in session.
- September 28 / 9-10:30 a.m.
- October 19 / 9-10:30 a.m.
- November 16 / 9-10:30 a.m.
- December 7 / 9-10:30 a.m.
- Open House – Sunday, November 5 / 1-3 p.m.
- Student-led tours will allow prospective students and their families to meet faculty, administrators, coaching staff, current parents, and alumni – all of whom will be on campus to answer questions about all facets of The Hamden Hall Experience.
- Coffee and Campus Tours allow prospective families to view school in session.
- Website: www.hamdenhall.org
- Contact: Reach out to our Admissions Team at [email protected] / Phone: (203) 752-2610
- About Hopkins: Hopkins School students are curious—they love to think and learn. Here each day, at the nation’s third oldest independent school, high-achieving students come to learn with an intellectual passion, challenging one another in a collective pursuit of excellence.
- Small classes average just 12 students.
- More National Merit Scholar finalists than any other school in Connecticut, public or private.
- A team of professional and experienced College Counselors lead our very successful college process. See our matriculation list (https://www.hopkins.edu/academics/college-counseling).
- Hopkins students are gifted scholars, but they are also talented leaders, athletes, artists, entrepreneurs and more.
- Students of color comprise almost 50% percent of our diverse, inclusive Hopkins family.
- A dedicated faculty who are experts in their fields and love teaching and sharing their expertise with students.
- Open House: Please join us at Hopkins School for a virtual academic experience and a campus tour!
- Sunday, October 22nd—Visit campus for a student-led tour, meet faculty and engage with members of the Hopkins community. • Spaces are limited and reservations are required. Please register online at the Virtual Admission Center.
- **If you can’t join us in October, please contact us or visit the Virtual Admission Center (https://www.hopkins.edu/admission/virtual-admission-center) for other times to visit and to apply to Hopkins.
- Website: www.hopkins.edu
- Contact: Email [email protected] or call (203) 397-1001
- About our program: New Canaan Country School is a co-ed, independent day school for students in Pre-K (ages 3 & 4) through Grade 9 living in Westchester and Fairfield counties. Graduates excel at top day, boarding and public secondary schools and go on to lead lives of impact and purpose. For information about our upcoming virtual and in-person admission offerings, please visit our website: www.countryschool.net/visit.
- Open House Info: Sunday, October 23rd from 1-2pm. For more information, to register or to see the full calendar of admission events please visit: www.countryschool.net.
- Website: www.countryschool.net
- Contact: Beth O’Brien, Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid – [email protected] / (203) 801-5608
- About our program: Pierrepont School is a small co-educational K-12th independent school located in Westport, CT. Our program offers classes taught by specialists in their fields and small class sizes. We focus on breadth and depth of course offerings for grades K to 12. Our curriculum emphasizes logical thinking, explores the origins of ideas, and favors primary source materials. Pierrepont is a gradeless environment that demands that intrinsic motivation drive its students in their learning. Our teachers are passionate scholars in their fields, our students are curious, willing to engage with complexity and are unafraid of learning.
- Website: www.pierrepontschool.org
- Contact info: For more information on our admissions process please contact a member of our admissions team at [email protected] or schedule a tour at www.pierrepontschool.org/admissions
- About our program: Ridgefield Academy/Landmark Preschool is a preschool – Grade 8 program by design. The intellectually inspiring curriculum fosters joyful learning and uplifts each student to rise to their authentic self. Students benefit from small classes, individualized attention, and a vibrant, connected community that encourages them to take risks and speak their mind.
Open House Info & Tours: Families are invited to learn more about Ridgefield Academy and Landmark Preschool by attending a virtual or in-person Admissions event, or contacting Director of Enrollment Dave Suter at (203) 894-1800 x112 to schedule an individual Admissions appointment.
Virtual Take a Look Tuesdays: September 28, October 19, November 16
Open Houses: October 2, November 7, November 21
Visit ridgefieldacademy.org/admission to learn more or RSVP for these upcoming events.
Contact: Director of Enrollment, Dave Suter – [email protected] | (203) 894-1800 x112
About our program: At Schoolhouse Academy, your child is taught how to learn and critically think by doing. Your child’s learning will accelerate to new heights through: Project Based & Hands-on Learning; a STEM & Art focused curriculum; Strategic Small Group Tutoring; Mastery-Based Education; Subject Expert Teachers; and Advanced 3D & Interactive Technology. Our focus is on providing a high quality education that best fits your child’s needs at an affordable tuition. The Schoolhouse Academy Team has significant experience in creating, starting-up, operating, and building successful schools. Situated on 14 acres, our new campus located in Wilton will be welcoming students in August 2024.
Open House Information: Families are invited to learn more about Schoolhouse Academy by attending an in-person Admissions event, or contacting Carlo Schiattarella, Executive Director, at 646-831-6102 or email at [email protected]
Next Open House: November 18th
Visit schoolhouseacademy.net to learn more and Join Our Interest List to stay updated on future Open House events and information sessions.
Contact:Co-founder and Executive Director, Carlo Schiattarella, ([email protected]); tel: 646-831-6102
- About our program: As you make important decisions at this stage in your child’s development and education you will want to learn more about our program. Experience the difference that IS Seven Acres Montessori . Our philosophy is based on individualized, whole-child learning with highly trained and experienced teachers. The curriculum masterfully and cohesively inter-connects the social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth and well-being of the whole child through project based, experiential learning in a small classroom setting and supportive environment designed to meet the specific needs of each student. Seven Acres Montessori is a non-profit school committed to educating children 14 months through eighth grade, accredited by both The Association Montessori Internationale and The Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Open House and Tour Info: Prospective families are invited to learn more about our program and Admissions, Before and After School Programs and Variable Tuition by registering for a Thursday morning Virtual Information Event HERE or emailing [email protected].
- Website: www.sevenacresmontessori.org
- Contact: Please contact Ashley Grob, Admission Director by email at [email protected]. You may also reach the Front Office at (203) 834-0440 or get more information here.
- About our program: St. Luke’s is a secular (non-religious) private school in New Canaan, CT, for grades 5-12. St. Luke’s mission is an exceptional education that inspires a deep love of learning, a strong moral compass, the commitment to serve, and the confidence to lead. St. Luke’s Center for Leadership advances our mission by helping students develop exceptional leadership ability. Learn more at stlukesct.org.
- Open House & Tour Information:
- St. Luke’s Middle School Experience (Parents Only): Wednesday, 10/20 at 9:15AM
- Upper School Open House: Sunday, 10/24 at 12:00PM
- Middle School Open House: Sunday, 11/7 at 12:00PM
- Welcome Wednesdays: Prospective families are invited to join our Admissions Director, Head of School, and Heads of Upper and Middle Schools for a discussion of St. Luke’s mission and distinct approach to education. Wednesdays 10/6 (virtual) at 7:00PM and 11/10, 12/8, 1/5, and 1/26 at 9:15AM.
- Click for information & to register.
- Website: www.stlukesct.org
- Contact Information: Connect with our Admissions Team! | [email protected] | 203-801-4833
- About our program: The Unquowa School is an independent, co-educational, PreK – 8th Grade school located in Fairfield, CT. Founded in 1917, the school’s mission is “…to develop, educate, and prepare our family of children with an unafraid spirit to achieve their personal best in a changing world.” Our graduates move on to high school with a love of learning, strong character and a deep confidence in their power to understand and make a difference in the larger world.
Open House: Join us for our Take a Look Day on either Wednesday, October 18th or Wednesday, November 15th at 8:30am! Register at unquowa.org/visit-unquowa/
Contact: Interested in learning more? Call us at (203) 367-3151 or email at [email protected]
- About Whitby: Located in Greenwich CT, Whitby is a co-educational independent school that provides educational continuity for children 18 months through Grade 8 in the Fairfield-Westchester area. The premier Whitby Montessori Children’s House three-year program and the highly-recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) program in Grades 1-8 form the foundation that empowers Whitby students to think creatively and critically, preparing them as life-long learners and global citizens.
- Open House Info: For more information please call (203) 302-3900, email [email protected], or visit the website, here.
- Website: whitbyschool.org/explore
- Contact: For more information, call (203) 302-3900