Beginning summer with healthy hair can really make it easier to maintain the integrity of your hair throughout this busy season. Sometimes enjoying all that summer has to offer can really be damaging to our hair. We at Studio on Main want to help take the guess work out of getting those tresses ready to survive the summer. Here are 5 tips for getting your hair “summer ready!”
- Our hair tends to be a bit dry by the end of the winter season due to the drier air and the artificial heat created by indoor heating systems. To start the warm weather season off with the healthiest hair possible, get a good haircut to take off all those dry dead ends!
- Next get a good conditioning treatment such as an olaplex treatment. This amazing treatment repairs the broken bonds within the hair (it does not repair split ends; you have to cut those off). It works on repairing damage from chemical, environmental, heat and mechanical damage (i.e. brushing).
- If you suffer from frizz, your next step should be to consider a keratin treatment. This works on taming all the frizzies that occur due to the heat and humidity. The keratin treatment forms a barrier around each hair strand to keep moisture out and prevent it from disrupting your hair style. There a few different keratins on the market. One of our favorites is the Trissola keratin. This treatment comes in two strengths; the true and true+, depending on the thickness and density of your hair. With both treatments you can wash your hair the next day, no more waiting for days to have super soft, shiny and fizz free hair.
- While you are in the midst of enjoying all that summer has to offer you should occasionally get a detoxifying and demineralizing treatment, such as a Pre-Art. This treatment gently cleanses away the buildup of chlorine and other minerals and substances that tend to really stick to the hair and cause an artificial “plastic” feeling as well as any greenish tint to the hair.
- And finally investing in good hair care products such as the SU Line from Davines with UV protection, can also help and protect the hair to maintain your color and keep your hair nice and healthy throughout the summer season
So, there you have it Studio on Main (125 Main Street, Westport) has these and many other treatment choices to ensure you can go forth and have a great hair day every day of the warm sunny summer season. If you have any further questions one of our talented stylist and colorist are always available to answer any of your questions! You can reach us at 203-454-9911. If you mention “WestportMoms” get 15% off your first Keratin treatment!