Superbowl Recipe not to be missed – Chicken Taco Dip – YUMMMM!
With Superbowl just days away, we all are looking for some fun new recipes. Whether you’re hosting, going somewhere and don’t want to show up empty-handed, or just want to change it up this weekend, this one is a winner! You can eat it as a soup, pair it with chips (and/or veggies) as a dip, or even eat as if it were chili! Thanks to Weston mom, Stacy Kipperman, for this deliciousness!
Chicken Taco Soup
1 Lb. Chicken breasts, boned & skinned
2 Tbl olive oil
½ – 1 package taco seasoning
½-1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (15oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1 (4oz.) can diced green chiles
1/4 cup water
1 (8oz) jar salsa (I use Tostitos Medium Salsa)
1 (15oz) can black beans
1 (15oz) can pinto beans
broken taco chips
sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook chicken in water until tender
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Remove meat; cool and shred with fork.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, combine chicken, olive oil, taco seasoning, onion and garlic. Cook until onions are clear.
- Combine all ingredients and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve in bowls, topping with taco chips, and grated cheese.
(You can also stir in a little fresh cilantro at the very end, or top with it, if you like). Serves 6 – 8 people.