With July 4th weekend just behind us, we are totally in the swing of summer! There are so many backyard BBQs and outdoor dining days to attend! Instead of a traditional pasta salad, try this recipe next time you host or visit friends for a meal. Quinoa is high-fiber, gluten-free, high protein, good for healthy bones, filled with antioxidants, and heart-healthy. In other words, it’s a “superfood”! Adding all these veggies to eat the rainbow and this apple cider vinegar (ACV) dressing really make it super healthy for the gut, digestion, and of course your skin. Check this recipe and other printable recipes on Robin’s website: www.robinbarrie.com !
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh scallions, chopped
- 1/4 of your pepper of choice, chopped
Ingredients of lemon-lime dressing:
- 1/4 of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients for the lemon-lime dressing and whisk until combined.
- Mix all the ingredients for the quinoa salad. Dress the quinoa to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!