If you’re anything like us, and dinnertime (especially when It gets dark at 430pm!) feels like a challenge daily, check out this simple and delicious recipe from local mom, Lauren Kohr (thank you Lauren!). One night this week? Check!
Everything Chicken – Serves 4
- 1/2 Cup Everything Bagel Spice (Contains salt, garlic, onion, poppy and sesame seeds)
- 4 Chicken Breasts – Boneless, Skinless
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 Tablespoons Canola oil, Grape Seed Oil or Ghee for cooking
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Remove chicken breasts from package and dry off with paper towels. Place in plastic bag and pound chicken breasts to 1″ thick (if they are thicker).
- Coat chicken breasts in egg white.
- Roll chicken pieces in everything bagel spice.
- Heat 1.5 Tablespoons of oil or ghee on medium-high heat until simmering and hot (about 1-2 minutes).
- Place 2 chicken breasts at a time in the pan and allow to cook on each side for 1 minute. Any longer and the spices will burn. Repeat with second two chicken breasts. (If you can fit all 4 pieces in one pan, heat all 3 Tablespoons of oil/butter in step 4 at the same time). Transfer chicken to a sheet pan to place in the oven.
- Finish baking in the oven for 7-10 minutes depending on thickness. If you buy thin cut chicken cutlets this will only be 2-3 minutes. For thicker pounded pieces, 7-10 minutes.
- I love Trader Joe’s “Everything but the Bagel” spice! I use two bottles to make sure I have enough for this recipe.
- Do not add salt and pepper, the seasoning blend has enough salt for the chicken.
- Internal temperature of cooked chicken should be 160F when removed from oven.
- Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes and enjoy! If you need to keep them warm, place in oven at 200F after cooking.
- Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce, my personal favorite!