- Dry measuring cups
- Double boiler or microwave-safe mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 2 mini muffin tins (24 wells)
- paper candy cups
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 3 cups matzo farfel
- kosher salt
- Place 24 paper liners in the wells of mini muffin tins. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate and 1/3 cup peanut butter in a double boiler or microwave-safe mixing bowl. Heat until the chocolate is melted and the peanut butter is looser, approximately 5 minutes in the double boiler or 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Mix the melted chocolate and peanut butter until well combined.
- Stir in the matzo farfel, mixing well to coat thoroughly with the chocolate mixture.
- Add small clumps of the remaining 1/3 cup peanut butter to the coated farfel mixture and stir gently.
- ILOC tip: fold the additional peanut butter gently into the coated farfel so that golden streaks appear in the mix. The goal is to highlight visually the peanut butter in the recipe.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cups so that they are heaping and crowning.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt. Chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes until set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or in the freezer or refrigerator for up to one week.
Makes 2 dozen treats.
For more delicious recipes, visit Lauren on Instagram here: @itslaurenofcourse or visit her website here.