Is It Possible to Have a Friendly Divorce?
Carole Topol Orland, Esq.
Absolutely! And at Broder Orland Murray & DeMattie LLC we do our best to keep it amicable by encouraging the following:
- Focus on the kids first. Most parents want the best for their kids and it is a natural jumping off point for an overall agreement.
- Set reasonable goals and expectations, aided by your counsel.
- Commit to being transparent about finances and facilitate the timely exchange of information.
- Be open to negotiating. Do not dig in your heels.
- Don’t permanently fracture your relationship. Realize that even after you are divorced, if you have children, you will be connected for the rest of your and their lives.
If a “friendly divorce” seems right for your circumstances, contact us to discuss further. Of course, there are divorces that will never be “friendly,” and we are adept at handling the most contentious cases as well, but we always try to lower the temperature no matter what.
Broder Orland Murray & DeMattie LLC
Matrimonial & Family Law
55 Greens Farms Road, Westport | 115 East Putnam Avenue, Greenwich