If like us you decided to take a week or two off camp after school ended, and are already looking for activities, we have some of our favorites compiled for you! And if you aren’t sending your kids to camp at all, feel free to make this your summer BUCKET LIST!
If we missed anything great, feel free to email [email protected] anytime!
- Ambler Farm (Wilton) – In addition to week-long camps all summer, Ambler Farm has an apprentice program and on Saturday mornings, middle and high schoolers help on the farm and will introduce kids to the animals which they can pet and meet up close. They also have a farmstand open on Saturday mornings.
- Beach (Compo/Jennings)
- Bruce Museum for Art & Science (Greenwich) – Great museum in downtown Greenwich with both art and natural history exhibition space
- Chelsea Piers – sports complex, indoor water park (time slot needs to be scheduled in advance) and indoor jump and climb zone
- The Cookie Workshop (Trumbull) – Make your own cupcake and cookie activities for kids and parents
- The Discovery Museum & Planetarium (Bridgeport) – The Discovery Museum and Planetarium is a hands-on science museum in Bridgeport with a terrific indoor and outdoor ropes course.
- Grace Farms (New Canaan) –
- Jones Farm (Shelton) – Berry, pumpkin and apple picking
- Lake Mohegan Splash Pad – splash pad, playground, and small lake where kids can play. Great hiking trails there as well.
- Library (Westport/Fairfield/Weston) – *The Westport Library has passes to many museums which you can check out here.
- The Maritime Aquarium
- Matthews Park – Playground & splash pad at Norwalk Beach
- Ole Soccer (Fairfield- Blackrock) – great playspace for rainy days
- Skyzone Norwalk – Trampoline Park (Trumbull location as well)
- Silverman’s Farm (Easton) – Berry, pumpkin, and apple picking in addition to an awesome animal farm
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center – Nature center with outdoor farm and amazing summer festivals
- Stepping Stones Museum – Children’s museum (especially good for toddlers and pre-K)
Little bit of a drive but a great full day:
- It™ Adventure Indoor Ropes Course at Jordan’s Furniture (New Haven)
- Lake Compounce (Bristol, CT) – Amusement and water park
- Lyman Orchards (Middlefield, CT) – Farm with over 100 Pick-your-own varieties of fruits, pumpkins, and more
- Mystic Seaport & Aquarium (Mystic) – Museum of America and the Sea, and a fantastic aquarium
- New England Air Museum (Windsor Locks, CT) – great museum for slightly older kids a little over an hour away (*Westport library has passes for this)
- Quassy (Middlebury, CT)- Amusement park
- Rye Playland – fantastic amusement park with water facilities as well
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History (New Haven) – awesome science museum with dinosaur exhibit; great pizza nearby