Five Ingredient Love Me Some Valentines Rice Krispie Treats!
Looking for a quick after school snack to show your little Valentines you love them? This five ingredient treat is so good and tastes like a chocolate covered cherry! Also, I love to use the juice from maraschino cherries for a great flavor to many desserts. Next time you make a vanilla cake, add some of the juice for a delicious cherry flavor. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Five Ingredient Love Me Some Valentines Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons cherry juice, from maraschino cherries
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 9.5 oz pink, red, white M&Ms (Cupid’s Message)
- In a large non-stick pot, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and cherry juice and mix until almost melted
- Add cereal and M&Ms and mix for three to five minutes until chocolate candies begin to crack and all the mashmallows are melted and incorporated into the cereal.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment and pour the hot cereal in.
- Using a plastic offset spatula, press the cereal down into the pan to spread it evenly.
- Allow it to cool completely in the pan.
- Slice into squares.
- Serve to your love bugs.