Election Day 2019 – Camps, Classes, & Activities
- Continuing Ed Camps: Kids in grades K-5 can enjoy active and creative activities led by teachers and partners in the community at Staples High School. Put your engineering skills to work with Bricks for Kids! Enjoy Storytelling with a Brush and use your imagination to bring characters, comics and books to life on paper and through theater games. Participate in sports, games, and more with Overtime Athletics. At Kempo Academy, practice your Jedi skills to prepare for your next challenge!
- Cheerleading: Staples High School Varsity Cheerleaders will be holding their annual cheer clinic for anyone who is interested in Grades 2 – 8. It will be held in the Staples gym from 11 -1. The cost is $25 per participant. This is a great opportunity to learn cheers, stunts and tumbles!! Registration will begin at 10.30. No pre-registration necessary. Questions?? Contact Sherri Raifaisen at SBRaif@aol.com .
- Ole Soccer: Ole Soccer is offering a day Clinics for players ages 4 to 14 years old at the Ole Soccer Arena indoor turf fields. Players will work on foot skills and technique, “game instincts” and scrimmages – with the World Cup tournament during the final hour. All levels and playing experience are welcome.
- Sportsplex Day Camps: SPORTSPLEX Day Camp offers children ages 4 and up the opportunity to experience 9 different SPORTSPLEX venues. Make sure to check the November 5th schedules to see what camps are being offered and at what times for any one of the following options: Gymnastics & Cheerleading Academy, Fairfield Ice Academy, The Field House, Happy Hands Pottery, World Champion Taekwondo, Parkour, Brain Boost & Rock Climb Fairfield. All activities take place in the fully acclimatized state of the art SPORTSPLEX@FAIRFIELD facility. Our camp is staffed by professional, experienced, and certified coaches and trainers.
- Theatre Camp 4 Kids: TheaterCamp 4 Kids is a creative, innovative, active fun-filled way for kids to learn and grow as young actors. Students learn all about the Theater while having tons of fun in a nurturing environment where each child has the chance to shine! We welcome kids of all ages from 5 to 11, middle school and high school. Students are split into groups by age. This performing arts school and camps are for students who have never been on stage and for young actors with lots of experience! Very creative environment that inspires students to be artistically free. Instructors have had years of professional experience on Broadway, off-Broadway, TV and film! 9am-1pm or 9am – 3pm! Email Laura Pendergast for more info!
- YMCA : Election Day Gymnastics Camp is for ages 5+ from 12pm-4pm and costs $55. There will be lots of gymnastics plus some games and a craft. Please bring a snack and drink (no nuts).
- Sea Quest – Trumbull Mall: SeaQuest is not your typical aquarium. You will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with over 300 species and 15,000 animals from 5 continents. Immerse yourself in a world of exploration as you connect with the animals and learn about their ecosystems through various hands-on activities. There is nothing quite like seeing these animals in person, experiencing their size, proportions and behavior is a great way to learn. SeaQuest brings the majestic wonders of our planet, ranging from rainforests and deserts to exotic marine life. A visit to SeaQuest will spark the imagination and create memories the whole family will treasure. There’s something for everyone!
- The New England Air Museum : The New England Air Museum is committed to presenting the story of aviation, the human genius that made it possible and the profound effects that it has had on the way in which we live. They achieve this by preserving and presenting historically significant aircraft and related artifacts & by engaging visitors through high-quality exhibits that help them understand aviation technology, history and the stories of the men and women who built, flew and made history with these famous machines. (YOU GET TO SEE & EXPLORE REAL AIRPLANES)
- The Sono Collection (new mall in Norwalk- not fully open) but plenty of room for the kids to run around.
And finally, even if you have your kids with you, make sure to set an example and VOTE- your voice matters!