Some things are better left relatively untouched. What better way to soak up the summer than with this layered salad that is effortless, beautiful and simply delicious.
Recipe images by Bruce Plotkin Photography.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 ea. zucchini, green or yellow
- 2 heads lettuce, romaine
- 4 ea. radishes
- 2 ea. cucumbers
- 1 ea. avocado
- 2 husks corn
- Basil, chives, tarragon
- 1.5 cups parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
PREPARING THE VEGETABLES
- Slice tomatoes 1/2 inch thick, season with salt + pepper.
- Slice cucumbers, zucchini, and radishes 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut lettuce, and cut kernels off the corn cobs.
- Remove pit and shell from avocado, slice 1/4 inch thick.
MAKING THE CHIMICHURRI
- Blend or mortar all ingredients.
COMPOSING THE SALAD
- Use a large platter with a rim or coupe.
- Arrange tomatoes first, season with salt + pepper, then add remainder of ingredients.
- Season with salt + pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chimichurri and herbs.
Recipe and instructions provided by OntheMarc Events. For more info, visit them here.