This DIY Thanksgiving Day Balloon Parade from The Local Moms Network contributor Maria Provenzano is perfect for anyone swapping their traditional parade tradition for more social distance-friendly activities this year!
DIY Thanksgiving Day Balloon Parade
- Styrofoam balls
- Card Stock OR foam sheets
- Acrylic Paint
- Embellishments of your choice
- The first thing you want to do paint your foam balls
- For easier painting & to avoid them from rolling around put the balls on a toothpick to hold place or just a plastic cup
- Let dry
- Once your foam balls are dry it’s time to attach the figures/embellishments
- Using card stock, or foam sheets, cut out whatever shapes/figures you desire for your character
- Once you’ve cut out your shapes out it’s time to glue. Use a low temperature hot glue to attach figures onto the foam balls
- If you’re making a top hat: spray paint a plastic cup black & then cut out a circle out of foam sheet. Next just glue the cup to the foam sheet!
- Add any other embellishments you’d like to go along with your character
- To create the image that the balloons are being held down by string all you need to do is hot glue on a couple skewers around the balloon!
For more holiday fun from Maria, check out these other DIY ideas:
Colorful Leaf Sugar Cookies
DIY Pie Garlands and Placemats
DIY Harvest Centerpiece