Balsamic Chicken with Peppers and Onions
If you’re in need of a NEW way to do chiocken that is easy, healthy, and you (and your kids!) may enjoy, try out this delicious balsamic chicken recipe! Huge thanks to local mom, Amanda Jakubowicz (@jj_eats_) for her contributions once again!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 TBS olive oil
2 green peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 cup chicken broth (homemade if you have)
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
Salt, pepper, garlic powder
Red pepper flakes for spice
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and sauté chicken breasts until golden but not cooked thru.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- In same skillet add onions and peppers and sauté until browned and softened.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Place chicken into a baking pan (or you can use a ovenproof skillet) and pour the pepper and onion mixture on top.
- Bake for 10 min. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.
For more healthy recipes, follow Amanda (@jj_eats_) on Instagram!