Huge thanks to Dana White, Nutrition Expert, for this make-ahead salad which packs plenty of fiber and protein and comes together in minutes.
Asian Quinoa Salad
2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups water
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
Juice of one lime
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup shelled edamame
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced cucumber
3/4 cup roasted cashews
- Combine quinoa, water and salt in the inner pot.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (high), and set the cook time for 1 minute. When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally (about 15 min).
- Remove the lid, and transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl to cool slightly (about 10 min).
- Make the dressing by combing the ginger, sesame oil, almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, rice vinegar, in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the carrot, edamame, bell pepper, cucumber and cashews to the quinoa. Toss well to combine and then add the dressing. Toss to coat in the ingredients in the dressing.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Serve warm.
Calories: 286 ; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Sodium: 180mg; Carbohydrates: 37g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugars: 4g; Protein: 10g
Excerpted from Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook reprinted by permission of Alpha, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2018 by Dana Angelo White