Looking for a quick sweet treat to get you through the long winter days? Check out this delicious 5 minute Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Mug Cake!!
- 1 medium overly ripe banana, mashed (about 1/3 cup mashed)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chunks
- In a bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, coconut oil, honey, egg, and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into a (10-12 ounce) microwave-safe mug. Microwave on full power for 1 minute and 35 seconds to 2 minutes (I always do 1 minute 35 seconds, but it’s better to under “bake”). Eat warm with a smear of butter and a drizzle of honey (you should do this!). Enjoy!
To Oven Bake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2 cup oven safe ramekin/mug or 2 muffin tins. Add the batter and bake 22-25 minutes.
Microwave: every microwave is very different, so results may vary slightly. I have a 1200 watt microwave and found 2 minutes to be the perfect cooking time. You may need to cook 1 minute 45 seconds or 2 minutes 15 seconds. Start with 2 minutes.