Choosing a Camp for your Kids is a Daunting Task!
We put this guide together in hopes of streamlining the process and providing key pieces of information about most of the local day camps in our area! To help you navigate all of the information, we have organized the camps into categories, or you can scroll through them all if you’d prefer! If you are looking for sleep-away camp information, feel free to email our very own, Melissa Post at [email protected], and she can work with you (at no cost) to come up with a list of camps based on your family (and child’s) needs/interests!
SPONSORED BY – HOLIDAY HILL DAY CAMP
- Town: Prospect, CT
- Dates: June 26th – August 18th (1 to 8-week sessions)
- TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED!! Over 50 bus stops in 35 towns.
- Hours of Operation: 8am-9am is before care and 4pm to 4:30pm is after care. Our regular camp hours are 9am-3:30pm Monday through Friday. 4th of July Observance,
- Ages: 3-13 years old for Day Camp, PreKamp half day program for 3-5 year olds, and 14-15 for CIT (Counselor in Training) Program
- Cost: $600 per week
- Breakfast and Lunch are provided! We accommodate all dietary restrictions.
- Description: Get ready for the Ultimate Camp Experience! Holiday Hill Day Camp (HHDC) is not your traditional day camp. The wide variety of activities and experienced staff makes us the choice for kids who want the BEST summer ever. Activities include: Swimming, Water Activities, Cooking, American Ninja Warrior Course, Archery, Nature, Arts and Crafts, Boating, Fishing, Woodworking, Maker Space Cabin, Yoga, and High Ropes Course. In addition, HHDC provides attractive and nutritious meals to suit the needs of every camper. We are fully accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA) that assures parents we are committed to program quality and adherence to high health and safety standards.
- REGISTRATION is now open!
- Contact: Email Michael at [email protected] | (203) 387-2267
- Website: Click Here | Summer Yearbook Video: Click HERE
- Location: 43 Candee Rd, Prospect, CT
ALL AROUND CAMPS
- Town: Wilton
- Dates: June 26th – August 18th
- Camp to Come to – Ages 3-5
- Camp Free to Be – Grads 1-6
- Teen Camp – Grades 7-8
- Counselor in Training – Grades 9-11
- Ages: 3-17 years old
- Description: Welcome to Camp Gordyland! Our camp directors dedicate year-round planning and collectively have over 100+ years of camp experience. We strive to ensure our campers learn lifelong skills and foster friendships in a safe and welcoming environment. Our outdoor day camp sits on 22 acres where we enjoy an outdoor 50 meter pool, 25 yard indoor pool, pond, mini-golf course, ropes course/climbing wall, 2 ball fields, fishing area, archery range, gaga pits and more!
- Registration: Registration is Now Open!
- Contact: Please contact Senior Camp Director, Mike Kazlauskas at [email protected] | Phone: (203) 762-8384
- Website: https://www.wiltonymca.org/programs/summer-camp/
- Location: Wilton YMCA – 404 Danbury Rd
- Town: Westport
- Dates: June 26th – August 4th
- Ages: 2 – 12 years old (Divisions: Mommy & me program, Mini Gan; Big Gan, and Pioneers)
- Description: Camp Gan Israel has been providing a unique Jewish summer camp experience to our campers and families for 20 plus years. Our specialty is building confidence, independence and friendships, facilitated by a most nurturing staff and outstanding programming.
- Registration is now open online!
- Contact: Email [email protected] | (203) 226-8584
- Website: www.ganisrael.com
LONG RIDGE DAY CAMP
- Town: Stamford
- Dates: June 26th – August 18th (offering 4-week, 6-week and 8-week sessions); 930AM-4PM
- Ages: 3 years old – 8th grade
- Description: For over 60 years, the Alswanger family, with 3 generations on staff, has been providing special summers for our campers. These memories last not only throughout the year but for a lifetime! We recognize that each camper is a unique precious individual. Long Ridge Camp focuses on your child with individual attention in order to build your child’s confidence and self-esteem. Long Ridge Camp offers the very highest in staff standards with the best camper-to-counselor ratios. Whether your child is 3 years old, graduating 8th-grade, or any age in between, Long Ridge offers a distinct, dynamic, and exhilarating program! The children are offered a wide variety of activities that add up to a well balanced experience that includes Swimming, Sports, Arts, and Adventure. Special activities and visiting performers enhance our usual routine throughout the summer. TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED!
- Registration is now open online here
- Contact: Email us anytime at [email protected] | (203) 322-0253
- Website: https://www.longridgecamp.com/welcome
- Location: 478 Erskine Road, Stamford
- Town: Westport
- Dates: June 12th-August 26th (currently operating on a waitlist)
- Weeks of June 12th and June 19th are for 3-6 year olds (Mini Camp- 830AM-1230PM)
- Ages: 3-15
- Cost: Varies by age and member/non-member
- Description: Have loads of fun at Camp Mahackeno, our traditional outdoor summer day camp, at morning circle, bouldering, canoeing, swimming, MahackaShow and more. Splash around and learn to swim at Camp Hafaday. Cartwheel, tumble, and twirl in our state-of-the-art Gymnastics Center. Boogie, bop, and move to music at the Dance Center. You’re going to like it here! Our enthusiastic, caring camp staff are positive role models who work hard to make it the best camp experience ever. Staff go through rigorous training to ensure the safety and well-being of every camper. At the Westport Weston Family YMCA (WWFY) we’re proud that our summer campers create lasting friendships, learn important social skills, develop confidence and resilience, become independent, learn teamwork and sportsmanship, and make wonderful childhood memories
- Registration is open, but many weeks are operating on a waitlist; you can register here!
- Contact: Email [email protected], or call (203) 226-8981
- Website: https://westporty.org/register-for-camp/
- Location: Westport Weston YMCA in Westport – 14 Allen Raymond Lane
SUMMER AT ST. LUKE’S
- Town: New Canaan
- Dates: June 21st-August 22nd (programs vary weekly)
- Ages: Pre-K – 12th grade
- Description: Learn, connect, and have fun this summer with Summer at St. Luke’s! Offering a wide range of programs, including arts, STEM, academic, skills building, and sports camps, St. Luke’s has something for everyone. Families have many dates, times, and options to choose from. Summer at St. Luke’s faculty and instructors are accomplished educators leading courses designed to engage and enrich. Programs run June through August for ages 4+. The majority of offerings are open to the public. Space is limited. Learn more and register: www.stlukesct.org/summer
- Registration is open here!
- Contact: Email [email protected] | Phone: (203) 517-4744 | Instagram: www.instagram.com/stlukesct | Facebook: www.facebook.com/stlukesct
- Website: Click here
- Location: St. Luke’s School – 377 North Wilton Rd, New Canaan
CAMP TRINITY SOUTHPORT
- Town: Southport
- Dates: July 10th – August 4th
- Times: Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm
- Ages: 3-6 years old (potty trained)
- Description: Trinity Southport is delighted to be offering Camp Trinity for five days a week this summer! Our camp experience is designed to be an opportunity for pure fun, friendship, and adventure. Our energetic and caring staff will ensure that every child has a great time and is safe. Our philosophy is play-based. We work with campers to encourage discovery, interaction, and movement. Children can expect to laugh, dance, and learn while enjoying scavenger hunts, tabletop water play, dancing, books, and much more. Weekly themes include Flower and garden, Under the Sea, Out of this World exploration, and animal adventures.
- Registration: Now OPEN!
- Website: http://www.trinitysouthport.org/camp
- Contact: Director: Kate Graham 203-673-2712 [email protected]
- Location: 615 Pequot Avenue at Center Street, Southport, CT 06890
- Town: Norwalk
- Dates: June 3rd – August 31st, 2022
- Cost: $50/day or $225/weekly camp session. Camp runs from 9-12pm with the option for another hour for $15/day which includes pizza lunch!
- Ages: 3+ (and fully potty trained)
- Description: Tumble Jungle Summer Camp! It’s just around the corner. Make sure the kids have something fun to do by signing up for our themed daily or weekly camps. Each week we offer age appropriate games and themed crafts and Ice Cream Fridays! Whether they’re jumping on the trampolines, swinging from our zip-line into a foam pit, or bouncing in an inflatable; we’re positive Tumble Jungle will provide hours of fun! Space is limited and you can pre-register online or by phone! And don’t forget that extra hour of Monkey Time from 12pm-1pm (pizza included).
- Website: https://www.tumblejungle.com/
- Contact: Email [email protected] | Phone: (203) 286-4608
- Location: Tumble Jungle Norwalk, 250 Westport Ave, Norwalk
WAKEMAN BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
- Town: Fairfield
- Dates: June 20th – August 18th, 2023
- Ages: Kindergarten – Grade 8 (Based on 2022-2023 School Year)
- Description: Wakeman Boys & Girls Club offers 9 weeks of traditional Day Camp that balances outdoor favorites like sports and water play with time in our air-conditioned clubhouse for game room, art, and STEM activities. Before and After Care also available! Don’t forget to check out our specialty athletic and adventure camps as well as our LIT and CIT leadership training programs for teens.
- Registration: Opens February 14th
- Website: http://www.wakemanclub.org/
- Contact: Email: [email protected] | Phone (203) 259-4805 ext 251 |
- Location: 268 Post Road, Second Floor, Fairfield, CT
WESTPORT PARKS & RECREATION
- Town: Westport, CT
- Dates: June 26th – August 10th – MORE DETAILS COMING SOON!
- Ages: Camp Compo (K – 4th Grade) & RECing Crew (5th – 8th Grade)
- Camp Compo – Camp Compo returns to Compo Beach this year! A spectacular summer camp program, Camp Compo offers children a variety of activities throughout the summer. The camp specializes in offering a well-balanced core of activities daily that includes arts and crafts, sports, games, nature walks, yoga, beach and playground time. Camp Compo offers every camper the chance to be creative and explore their imagination while making new friends and enjoying a positive camp experience.
- RECing Crew – RECing Crew offers middle school children a variety of activities throughout the summer. Field Trips will be back this summer!
- Registration Date: TBD
- Contact: Email [email protected] or call (203) 341-5152 and we will be happy to assist you!
- Website: Westportrecreation.com
- Location: Compo Beach in Westport
WESTPORT CONTINUING ED
- Town: Westport, CT
- Dates: June 26th – August 11th (weekly)- more info COMING SOON!
- Ages: K-12th grade
- Description: Continuing ed offers classes that are educational and recreational, including Arts & Creativity, Culinary, Sports, STEM, SAT Prep and more! More details are coming!
- Registration Date: TBD
- Contact: Phone: (203) 341-1209
- Website: https://www.westportcontinuinged.com
- Location: Various locations across Westport
Back to top
PRESCHOOL AGE CAMPS
I.S.T. TOT N PLAY CAMP
Tot N Play PreSchool Camps
- Town: Westport (Burying Hill Beach)
- Dates: June 12th – August 25th (weekly)
- Ages: 3-5 year olds
- Time: 9AM to 12PM
- Description: IST Preschool Tot’n Play summer camp at Burying Hill Beach will provide week-long experiences that introduce young children to a multitude of sports, arts and crafts, and exploration while also creating a traditional camp experience that focuses on friendship, spirit, and fun in the sun! Programs, designed by IST coaches and teachers, will expose children to various popular sports while participating in developmentally appropriate activities. Games will be included to teach and emphasize skills, and top-notch instructors will provide the ideal balance of instruction and entertainment. The values of sportsmanship, cooperation, and respect will be highlighted throughout each and every session. A flexible schedule offers registration options for any amount of weeks. Baseball, basketball, football, and soccer are just some of the highlighted sports. Arts and crafts, story-time, beach time and other popular children’s games will be a constant each day. Incase of inclement weather, camp will move indoors to our IST facility in Norwalk. **Tot N Play Director, Weston mom, Amanda Rothlein, who earned her Masters degree in Early Education from Fordham University and spent seven years as an Elementary teacher in the NYC public schools. Taylor Cusa will also be back this Summer running camp!
- Example of exciting daily Curriculum – 9AM – 910AM – arrival and unpack | 915-930AM morning group greetings | 930AM-10AM craft time | 10AM-1030AM sports and activities | 1030AM-1045AM snack | 1045AM-11AM interactive story time | 11AM-1130AM beach time | 1130AM-1150AM activity choice time- includes puzzles, giant legos, fun games and more | 1150AM- closing song and dismissal
- Registration: Register at Westport Parks and Recreation or email [email protected] for more details
- Contact: Email [email protected] for more details
- Location: Burying Hill Beach, Westport
RIDGEFIELD ACADEMY & LANDMARK PRESCHOOL
- Town: Westport & Ridgefield
- Dates: June 20th-July 28th
- Ages: 2-14 years old
- Description: Are you looking to fill your child’s summer with exciting learning adventures and classic summer camp fun? Look no further than Ridgefield Academy and Landmark Preschool Summer Programs! From embarking on terrific trips and art adventures to developing skills in sports clinics, choose from a wide variety of offerings sure to interest your preschool – Grade 8 child(ren).
- Camp Landmark – Westport and Ridgefield, CT; Bedford, NY (ages 2 – 5) At Camp Landmark, our youngest campers will enjoy weekly themes highlighted through art projects, storytime, and creative movement activities. From STEAM-themed weeks (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) to a special sports week, campers will thrive as they play, socialize, and explore together. Age-appropriate playgrounds, water play areas, and spacious classrooms enhance weekly thematic activities.
- Patriot Camp – Ridgefield, CT (Kindergarten – 3rd grade) At Patriot Camp, campers entering Kindergarten through Grade 3 can choose from a variety of offerings. During Super Duper Science week, campers will explore chemical reactions and slime, launch rockets and paper airplanes, and create edible science concoctions. During Terrific Trip Week, campers will travel to Playland Amusement Park, Jumpz, and Danbury Duckpin Lanes with an ice cream stop along the way! While on RA’s beautiful 42-acre campus, campers will enjoy arts and crafts, sports, games, and our famous Patriot Plunge water slide. Baking, art, sports, and other traditional day camp activities are also offered.
- Explorer Programs – Ridgefield, CT (4th-8th grade) Explorer Programs offer children entering Grades 4 – 8 the option to create their own schedule from programs geared to challenge the mind and body. From sports sessions to engineering to baking, the morning and afternoon sessions offer great flexibility and exciting activities.
- Registration is now open!
- Contact: Please contact Sara Abriola via email at [email protected] or by phone at (203) 894-1800 with any questions.
- Website: Click HERE
- Location: Westport Landmark Preschool – 11 Burr Road, Westport | Ridgefield Academy – 223 West Mountain Road, Ridgefield
SAUGATUCK NURSERY SCHOOL
- Town: Westport
- Dates: Weeks of June 12th – July 27th (weekly)
- Ages: 2-5 years old
- Description: Come join us for some Summer Fun! Arts, Crafts, Music, Outdoor Water Play, and Outdoor Artist’s Corner are all a part of our Summer Camp Program for children ages 2-5. Our program runs for seven weeks from mid June through the end of July with themes such as Dinosaur Rumble, Critter Connection, and Summer Science to name a few!
- Registration: Register now!
- Contact: Email Angela Parmalee at [email protected] | Phone: (203) 226-9192
- Website: www.saugatucknurseryschool.org
- Location: 245 Post Road East, Westport
Back to Top