2023-2024 Preschool Guide
Introducing the 2023-2024 Preschool Guide – What YOU Need to Know!
With so many new people still moving to town, and many trying to understand the preschool options available, many preschools are enrolling – and hosting open houses – for the next school year. We wanted to put together a list of many of the schools in our community, and an extensive list can be found here. If any school would like to be listed, feel free to email us anytime at [email protected].
- About CCDC: CCDC founded in 1979, offers full day, year round care and education for infants, toddlers, preschool, and kindergarten children. Children are provided with many and varied opportunities to play and learn in their classrooms and outdoors. Environments and daily schedules are designed for children of a particular age range and adapted, as needed, to support their growth and development. We emphasize active learning that encourages exploration, investigation, and discovery in accordance with the CT Early Learning and Development Standards. Enrichment activities include: music, art, physical education, Tae Kwon Do, Spanish, Animal Embassy, Occupational and Speech Therapy, and play groups with a clinical/school psychologist. Our unique facility is located on seven acres with large indoor and outdoor spaces. Distinctions include:
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- The Cooperative Learning Lab School for the UConn, Stamford Early Childhood Program.
- Certified Nature Explore Outdoor Classroom.
- Eco-Healthy Child Care endorsement by the Children’s Environmental Health Network.
- COVID precautions are extensive; meeting or exceeding CT Office of Early Childhood, CDC, and AAP standards.
- Three CCDC graduates have been selected as valedictorians at Staples High School between 2010 and 2020.
- Location: 90 Hillspoint Road, Westport
- Website: Click here
Registration: Applications are welcome throughout the year. Initial registration due November of year prior to preferred enrollment; enrollment decisions are finalized the following February
- About TCS Preschool: At TCS Preschool, we value and respect children’s natural ways of discovering and making sense of the world, scaffolding their growth and extending their curiosity through active exploration. We appreciate the unique qualities that each child brings to the classroom and seek to foster both individual confidence and a lifelong appreciation for community. TCS Preschool provides children and families opportunities to explore Jewish culture and deepen their sense of identity, which is defined differently for each of us. We emphasize a child centered approach to learning about Jewish culture, fostering engagement with both the similarities and differences of belief and practice that each child brings to the classroom. Through meaningful, developmentally appropriate experiences, children build a sense of their own identity and a deep appreciation for community and diversity.
- Contact: Email Lauran Pancoast, Director of Early Childhood at [email protected] | Phone: (203) 227-6964
- Location: 30 Hillspoint Road, Westport, CT 06880
- Website: Click here
- About Easton Country Day PreSchool: Easton Country Day School’s Preschool & Daycare is called *Little Phoenix. Little Phoenix offers a comprehensive early childhood program providing exceptional, affordable care to children aged 6 weeks through 6 years. Our programming incorporates CT Early Learning and Developmental Standards with an emphasis on modeling/teaching respect for self, the environment, and others. We offer a curriculum rich with fun and exciting hands-on experiences. The atmosphere here is safe and caring; we nurture each child’s ability to learn through play with a variety of developmentally appropriate activities in and outside of the classroom. Our goal is to encourage independence, individuality, creativity, and a positive self-image for every child in our care. For more information, please call (203) 268-5073.
- Contact: Phone: (203) 268-5073
- Location: 660 Morehouse Rd, Easton, CT
- Website: Click here
- About Greens Farms Nursery: From the Ones program to a Licensed Kindergarten class, Green’s Farms Nursery School provides a joyful learning environment that celebrates individualized, developmentally appropriate learning through play. Brand new, light filled, spacious classrooms are whimsically appointed setting the stage for rich, meaningful learning experiences guided by nurturing, experienced early childhood education professionals. Join us for a beautiful new chapter in 2023-24!
- Contact: Email Christina McKay-DiChristina at [email protected] | Phone: (203) 227-9363
- Location: 71 Hillandale Rd, Westport, CT 06880
- Website: Click here
- About Landmark Preschool: Landmark Westport serves children ages 2-5 and offers a dynamic introduction to academics through creation, exploration, and play. The curriculum weaves literacy, math, science, art, music, technology and more into a day that fosters your child’s curiosity and social and emotional growth. To learn more about how our program can benefit your child, contact Sydney Abelson at (203) 226-6982 or [email protected]
- Contact: Email Sydney Abelson, Admissions Manager – [email protected] | Phone: (203) 226-6982
- Location: 11 Burr Rd, Westport, CT 06880
- Website: Click Landmark Preschool – Westport
- About New Canaan Country School: New Canaan Country School is a co-ed, independent day school for students in Pre-K (age 3) through grade 9. Located on a 85-acre campus in New Canaan, the school provides transportation for families living throughout the region. For more information about the school, please visit www.countryschool.net.
- Contact: Email Beth O’Brien, Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid – [email protected] | Phone: (203) 801-5608
- Open House Info: To register or for more information: www.countryschool.net/visit
- Location: 635 Frogtown Rd, New Canaan, CT
- Website: Click here
- About Saugatuck Nursery School: Saugatuck Nursery School provides a caring and loving, developmentally appropriate program for children ages 2-5 years old. We are committed to having each child feel successful, while being responsive to his or her needs and remaining sensitive to changing family circumstances. Saugatuck Nursery School encourages children to learn life skills, try new experiences and to develop compassion in a warm and nurturing environment.
- Contact: Angela Parmalee at [email protected]| Phone: (203) 226-9192
- Location: 245 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880
- Website: www.saugatucknurseryschool.org
- Registration: Enrollment begins in November. Tours available by appointment only
- About Seven Acres Montessori: As you make important decisions for your child’s education and development you will want to learn more about our program. Seven Acres Montessori serves students from Toddler through 8th grade. All classrooms have an AMI certified Montessori Teacher and an Assistant. The Toddler Program, serves 10 to 12 children in each classroom 14 months – 2 ½ years, five days a week with the availability of an extended day program. The Toddler students explore movement, acquire language and develop independence in a specially prepared Montessori environment offering a strong connection between intellectual and physical activity. The Primary Program (ages 2½ through 6 – preschool through kindergarten) in a unique mixed-age classroom that supports the child’s need and desire to be part of a supportive, interactive learning community. The curriculum masterfully and cohesively inter-connects the social, physical and intellectual growth and well-being of the whole child. The lessons and materials presented are designed to respond to the particular needs of each child during this important period of development and build independence and confidence. The children use concrete materials to learn math concepts, explore letters and language, reading and writing, science and nature, music and movement, food preparation, culture, history and geography. Seven Acres Montessori is a non-profit school accredited by both The Association Montessori Internationale and The Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Contact: Email: [email protected] | Phone: (203) 834-0440
- Location: 34 Whipple Road, Wilton, CT 06897
- Website: www.sevenacresmontessori.org
- Prospective Parents Info: https://www.sevenacresmontessori.org/admissions/prospectiveparentform
- About St. Paul Christian School: St. Paul Christian School is an accredited preschool with programs ranging from Two’s through our Five’s Foundations Program. We are located at 41 Easton Road, in Westport, CT and a ministry of St. Paul Lutheran Church. Our mission is to provide a distinctly Christian environment that promotes the spiritual, social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of young children. As an extension of the home, we work together with parents and care givers to provide an atmosphere that is nurturing and safe, creating a joyful foundation to each child’s school experience. We are scheduling school tours for the upcoming school year each day. Y. Our website is www.stpaulchristianschool.org
- Contact: ou can contact our office to schedule a tour via Email at [email protected] | Phone: (203) 227-7920
- Location: 41 Easton Road, Westport
- Website: www.stpaulchristianschool.org
- About our program: The Unquowa School is an independent, co-educational, PreK – 8th Grade school located in Fairfield, CT. Founded in 1917, the school’s mission is “…to develop, educate, and prepare our family of children with an unafraid spirit to achieve their personal best in a changing world.” Our graduates move on to high school with a love of learning, strong character and a deep confidence in their power to understand and make a difference in the larger world.
Open House: Join us for our Take a Look Day on November 16th at 8:30am! Register at unquowa.org/visit-unquowa/
Contact: Interested in learning more? Call us at 203-367-3151 or email at [email protected]
- About the Co-op: A quality preschool that recognizes CREATIVITY has no limits, that PLAY teaches children about the real world, where EXPLORATION and DISCOVERY are encouraged and JOY and LEARNING are intertwined. Programs beginning with Ones Fun thru K. NAEYC accredited.
- Contact: Email: [email protected] | Phone: (203) 227-9318
- Location: 10 Lyons Plains Rd. Westport, CT 06880
- Website: Click here
- Registration Info: Enrollment begins mid-November for the 21-22 school year
Additional Preschools in the Area
- 3-4-Open the Door (2s through Kindergarten)
- Apple Blossom School (2s through Kindergarten)
- Child’s Place (6 weeks-5 yrs with both part day (morning programs) and full day programs
- Christ and Holy Trinity (2s through 4s with transition year option)
- Earth Place (1s through 4s with transition year and full day option)
- Learning Community Day School (2s through Kindergarten)
- Little Wreckers Preschool (at Staples High School)* Eligible to Westport residents who will turn three years old but will NOT turn five years old by December 31st of the school year in which he or she is attending
- Seven Acres Montessori, Wilton (Toddler-8th grade)
- The Nurtury Montessori School, Rye Brook (full day, half, before and after school programs)
- Norfield Children’s Center (2s-4s with after school programs available ages 3-13)
- St. Francis of Assisi Preschool in Weston (2s through 4s)
- Stepping Stones (3s through 4s with special education opportunities)