When The Port opened its doors in Westport recently, crafting a dining experience for all ages was part of the goal. “I’ve always wanted to open a restaurant, a neighborhood spot where locals can enjoy food that is approachable and comfortable,” said owner Sal Augeri. Connecticut is home to an array of esteemed restaurants, but sometimes it’s hard to find a place where kids will also feel at home amid all the gourmet eateries. Fortunately, there are a number of places where adults and children alike can enjoy a delicious meal out. These restaurants offer kid-friendly dishes, atmospheres, and even specials.
Did we miss one of your favorite kid-friendly spots? Let us know!
- Bartaco, Stamford, Westport, West Hartford: While the 21 and over crowd flocks to Bartaco for its margaritas, the restaurant is also family friendly! From its rotating “secret tacos” to gluten free options, kids can find plenty to enjoy on and off the menu!
- Valencia Luncheria, Norwalk: Valencia Luncheria offers authentic elevated Venezuelan street food in a casual setting. Located in Norwalk, the interior is colorful and energetic with lots of seating. In the warmer months, the outdoor area is a fun place to eat.
- Bodega, Fairfield Darien: When the family wants taco night, Bodega is the answer! Kids will love their Americano Tacos (ground beef and cheese), as well as the delicious guacamole.
- Rosie’s, New Canaan: Kids love the baked goods and comfort food menu at Rosie’s in New Canaan. Their brunch is also a fun activity, with dishes like Brioche French Toast and hot cocoa piled with whipped cream.
- Hoodoo Brown BBQ, Ridgefield: What’s more kid friendly than a large open warehouse space with piles of tasty meat? Fried Chicken and Waffles, Smoked Turkey, Nachos, & Wings make this BBQ haven a great spot for kids.
- Walrus + Carpenter, Bridgeport: Walrus + Carpenter in Bridgeport is known for its BBQ. Many meats are meant for sharing so kids can dive in to all kinds of BBQ classics.
- Mecha, Norwalk, New Haven, Fairfield: “Slurping encouraged!” is the motto at Mecha. What youngster can resist the opportunity? Fried Chicken Buns and kids Ramen keep the younger set coming back.
- Colony Grill, Stamford, Milford, Norwalk, Fairfield: Colony Grill is a legend and a long time favorite for the younger generation! It’s the perfect place for soccer team parties or a family dinner. We don’t recommend the “hot oil” pie for the little ones however.
- Fortina, Stamford: Fortina’s wood-fired pizzas are hits with people of all ages. The atmosphere is fun and festive and the Harbor Point neighborhood provides dynamic surroundings.
- Rowayton Pizza, Norwalk: Rowayton Pizza is a great family-friendly option for both lunch and dinner with tons of great outdoor seating and a neighborhood vibe.
To read the full article, and see the rest of the list, visit CT bites!