TEN THINGS YOUR “BEST FRIEND” MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT DIVORCE!
- When can I DATE?
- Does the CAUSE OF THE BREAKDOWN matter? How much does “the affair” matter? Alcohol? Drugs? Physical/emotional abuse? Are E-mails discoverable?
- Who will get CUSTODY of our children and what will the PARENTING PLAN look like, both while the divorce is pending and when it is final? How does COVID19 affect our Parenting Plan?
- How will the ASSETS be divided? Retirement plans? Business interests? Alternative investments? Stock options/RSUs/PSUs? Can we trace my spouse’s INCOME and spending? To what extent can I protect certain income/assets?
- Do I have to sell my HOUSE? Can I get my spouse out of the house during our divorce? Do I have to leave?
- How much ALIMONY will I pay/get? How do bills get paid while our divorce is pending?
- How much CHILD SUPPORT will I pay/get?
- Who will pay for COLLEGE and how much?
- HOW LONG will the process take and how much will it COST? Is MEDIATION a more efficient, friendlier and/or cost-effective way to get divorced?
- How often do divorce cases go to TRIAL?
CONTACT US TO DISCUSS ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE!
55 Greens Farms Road, Westport, CT 06880
115 East Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830
(203) 222‐4949 | www.ctfamilylaw.com