RECIPE @fuel_MY_smile by DR. MICHELLE YANOVER
Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Stuffed Peppers
Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 6 people (2 halves per serving)
283 calories dairy free/297 calories with dairy
- 6 bell peppers cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 28 oz can crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp dried parsley, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ cup nutritional yeast (if not dairy free, use ½ cup grated Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray 2- 9 x 13 baking dish. Place halves into dishes (6 in each)
- Spray large sauté pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Sauté onions, garlic and mushrooms until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add ground turkey and cauliflower rice (no need to defrost). Cook for another 10-12 minutes until well browned.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, basil and salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add in spinach and sauté until wilted and heated through.
- Spoon mixture into pepper halves. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with
- nutritional yeast or grated Parmesan.
Have you ever heard the expression you are what you eat? We first taste food in our mouth. Our teeth and jaw bones and muscles are such and important instrument to fuel your smile! Keeping your smile healthy starts with healthy lifestyle choices. Let me show you how easy it is to add more delicious whole and plant based foods to your life. I’ll share easy and delicious recipes, and along the way you’ll learn how these foods help fuel your smile! You’ll get real advice from a real mom and dentist! Be sure to follow on Instagram @fuel_my_smile.
Dr. Michelle Yanover