Most people living in Westport – or the surrounding communities – typically know about the terrific classes and programming the Library offers – especially for little kids. However, there are quite a few incredible resources the Library offers that many are not aware of which we wanted to share!
And ANOTHER FUN FACT in case you didn’t know – Thursday, September 14th from 6-8pm is the Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Library Transformation Project – a 2 year project intended to take our library to a whole new level – keep an eye out for more info as the project gets underway!
- Kids Travel Kits – Get the most out of your next family vacation with a Kids Travel Kit! Before your next trip, let the Children’s Library Staff know the ages and interests of the children traveling, and they’ll put together a specially curated package of fun things for you to bring along, including books, music, audiobooks, movies, guidebooks, toys and more.
- GrandKits – Are you expecting little visitors, but don’t want to go out and buy books, toys, and movies that will only be used once or twice? Much like the Travel Kits, the Children’s Library staff curates GrandKits, which are customized selections of books, games, movies, DVDs, toys, and more, all geared toward the children’s interests and ages, that you can borrow.
- Take out a Toy – Did you know you can check out toys from the library? When your child’s interests seem to be changing every couple of weeks, why not borrow a toy (for free!) Ask the Children’s Library staff to guide you toward the collection of toys available for loan.
- Museum Passes – Did you know the Westport Library offers Museum Passes for loads of local destinations? From the Beardsley Zoo to Earthplace to the Connecticut Science Center and Peabody Museum, the Library offers a wide range of passes and deals for all sorts of ages and interests. Learn more here!
- Homework help Tuesdays and Thursdays for grades 3-8 – If your child needs help with homework, the Westport Library has two certified teachers from the Westport Public Schools available for anyone in grades 2-8. Homework help is free, and begins on September 5th. Please check the Library’s events calendar for dates and times!
And here’s a little sneak peek at where the Library is headed…
Huge thanks to Rachel Reese for this information!