Tutors & Education Services
With the current state of the world, many of us are considering extra support for our kids to supplement (or replace) what school may look like this fall. While we know the schools are doing the very best we can, there are many amazing resources available locally (and remotely), and we want to share these with all of you! If you are interested in being listed, please email us anytime at email@example.com.
Marc Lehman—owner of U ARE HEARD—a virtual private practice for high school and college students—call or email us for a free consultation
Contact info: Email Marc@uareheard.com | Phone: (860) 214-7583
- Licensed therapist for the past 23 years working with HS and College students
- An amazing all-star staff of clinicians and coaches
- Our approach is entirely virtual. We are engaging and reach young adults on the level they prefer. We believe help should not be hard to get. We are easy to set up and begin, so your young adult can thrive and move in a more positive direction.
M.S. in Elementary Education with a specialization in Early Childhood
M.S. in Literacy Birth – 12th Grade; Advanced Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders
Contact Info: Allisonstacie8@gmail.com / (516) 446-0789
- Allison has 18 years of experience Teaching & Tutoring students in grades Pre-K- 8th.
- Allison is trained in Fundations, Wilson Reading, Journeys, Orton-Gillingham, Singapore Math as well as Teachers College Reading and Writing Project.
- Allison’s goal has always been to keep the students engaged while establishing a love for learning. It’s important to her that they enjoy what they’re doing and look forward to their time with her!
- Allison has worked with many families over the years and loves being able to deliver direct instruction to students so that she can meet their individual learning needs. During the pandemic she has worked with many local families, helping students to feel confident again in school & fill in any missing pieces across all subject areas.
Contact info: Carlyridloff18@gmail.com / (516) 697-7698
- Carly is trained in Orton- Gillingham, Wilson Reading, Fundations, Stern Math, Sounds in Motion as well as Teachers College Reading and Writing Project.
- Carly’s strong knowledge base from a variety of curriculums allows her to create learning plans that are tailored to a child’s specific learning needs.
- Carly uses a multi-sensory learning approach which allows her to tap into all learning modalities, creating more learning success.
- Carly has taught in high performing charters schools as well as privately for the past 14 years.
- Carly believes that joy, engagement, and high expectations are foundational to optimal learning and success!
- Dana is a Certified School Counselor specializing in working with students grades K-12, teaching Executive Functioning skills including organization, time management, and study strategies.
- Dana’s approach is grounded in relationship building and learning about her students. To achieve success, trust and connection are essential. For children to succeed both in and outside of the classroom, they need to know how to plan their time effectively, stay organized, and study “smarter not harder”.
- Dana worked in NYC as a School Counselor at a 6th through 12th-grade school in Gramercy Park, and then worked at one of the nine specialized public high schools in New York City as a College Counselor. She went on to work for the City University of New York in a college transitions program helping students to develop problem solving, time management, and communication skills through a collaborative inquiry-based approach.
- Dana has been working as a private Learning Specialist for over four years and is happy to communicate with your child’s school to work as a team, ensuring that your child is continuously progressing.
- B.A. from University of Pennsylvania
- Masters in Elementary Education from Bank Street College of Education
- Former 1st Grade Teacher at Dalton and High School Spanish teacher at York Prep
- Specializes in Reading and Writing
- Proficient in Spanish
- Available for in person tutoring
- Former High School Soccer Coach and Played College Soccer at UPENN
- Flexible hours
- Mother of 3 Teenagers
- Westport Resident of 18 years
- Lauren Field is a learning and reading specialist in Fairfield County with more than two decades of teaching experience. She has both her special education and elementary certifications.
- Has a BA in early childhood development and a Masters in Learning Disabilities
Offering 1:1 tutoring sessions
Can conduct formal reading evaluations and reading screenings- using a combination of standardized and informal assessments to determine where to target instruction
Tutoring approach includes Orton-Gillingham and other research-based systematic, sequential, multi-sensory approaches targeted to address identified needs using a variety of materials, methodologies, and targeted support to differentiate instruction
- Provides intervention and support in reading and writing
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / (203) 222-7070
MoCA Westport offers a range of Academic & Art Enrichment options designed to blend literacy, math, and science skills with artistic adventures. For Pre-K and Kindergarten, join us for Mini MoCA Learning Lab & Art Adventures (M-F; 12:30 – 2:30pm). For students grades K – 4, MoCA Westport offers an After School Homework Help & Art Exploration program, providing an opportunity to work with certified instructors to complete homework and enjoy varied artistic pursuits (M-F; 3:30/4p-5:45pm).
- “Mommy and Me Mondays” Enjoy one hour every Monday this fall with your littlest. Meet other parents/caregivers while offering your baby their first developmentally appropriate sensory art experiences! This class is offered to parents/ caregivers and their child(ren) ages 3 – 18 months.
- “Toddler Thursdays” Introducing young children to art as creators and observers opens the door to self expression and creativity. The act of producing art assists toddlers in developing fine motor skills. Holding a paintbrush so that it will make the desired marks, snipping paper with scissors into definite shapes, drawing with a crayon, or squeezing glue from a bottle in a controlled manner; all help develop a child’s fine motor skills. Spend an hour with your toddler and one of our certified instructors every Thursday, beginning on September 9th – October 28th from 10:15a – 11:15a. Class will be held under the tent outdoors (weather permitting) and will be brought indoors when necessary.
Noah Appleton, M.S.Ed Mathematics Education
Contact: Email: 917913MATH@gmail.com | Phone: (917) 913-6284 (MATH)
- 10+ years certified teaching experience and mathematics department head
- Has worked in public and private schools and with clients in NYC, Westchester and Fairfield counties
- Specializes in K-8 math education, Algebra, Geometry, and all sufferers of math anxiety
- Accepting new students for 2021-22
About Princeton Review:
- The Princeton Review has been offering 1:1 live, virtual tutoring for over 10 years in our award-winning online platform, and we are happy to help middle school, high school, and college students achieve their goals in over 30 subjects.
- Click here to visit our website and see all academic tutoring options.
- Parents everywhere are trying to achieve a new sense of normalcy with their children as we slowly exit the pandemic, but nagging concerns about their speech and language development remain. Are my kids where they need to be academically and socially? My child didn’t qualify for school-based speech therapy, should I hire a private speech therapist or will my child grow out of it? Should I supplement my child’s school speech services with private services?
- These questions and so much more can be answered by Seagull Speech Services –Contact them today for a free initial consultation at (203) 947-5782