Tutors & Education Services
With the current state of the world, many of us are considering extra support for our kids to supplement (or replace) what school may look like this fall. While we know the schools are doing the very best we can, there are many amazing resources available locally (and remotely), and we want to share these with all of you! If you are interested in being listed, please email us anytime at [email protected]
M.S. in Elementary Education with a specialization in Early Childhood
M.S. in Literacy Birth – 12th Grade; Advanced Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders
Contact Info: [email protected] / (516) 446-0789
- Allison has 18 years of experience Teaching & Tutoring students in grades Pre-K- 8th.
- Allison is trained in Fundations, Wilson Reading, Journeys, Orton-Gillingham, Singapore Math as well as Teachers College Reading and Writing Project.
- Allison’s goal has always been to keep the students engaged while establishing a love for learning. It’s important to her that they enjoy what they’re doing and look forward to their time with her!
- Allison has worked with many families over the years and loves being able to deliver direct instruction to students so that she can meet their individual learning needs. During the pandemic she has worked with many local families, helping students to feel confident again in school & fill in any missing pieces across all subject areas.
- Licensed in Elementary and Special Education
- Over 15 years experience classroom teaching Pre K- Grade 5 in private and public schools
- Experience and training with Orton Gillingham, Teachers College Reading & Writing, Investigations Math and Responsive Classroom
- Offers private tutoring, remote and in person Grades 1-8
- Offers small group enrichment classes for Pre K-Grade 6
Beverly Makar- Elementary Tutor
Contact Info: Email: [email protected] / Phone: (203) 260-2669
- Beverly is a Special Education Teacher who has taught elementary school students for 31 years.
- M.S. in Special Education, Sixth Year Certificate; Special Education Major
- Beverly’s experience and education has equipped her with numerous effective teaching methods.
- Trained in multisensory, structured reading programs such as Wilson Fundations and Preventing Academic Failure.
- Assessment of learning needs leading to individualized instruction and mastery of skills.
- Beverly easily develops a warm rapport with her students and ensures an engaging atmosphere in which children look forward to their sessions.
- Flexible tutoring times are available to best meet your child’s schedule.
Contact info: [email protected] / (516) 697-7698
- Carly is trained in Orton- Gillingham, Wilson Reading, Fundations, Stern Math, Sounds in Motion as well as Teachers College Reading and Writing Project.
- Carly’s strong knowledge base from a variety of curriculums allows her to create learning plans that are tailored to a child’s specific learning needs.
- Carly uses a multi-sensory learning approach which allows her to tap into all learning modalities, creating more learning success.
- Carly has taught in high performing charters schools as well as privately for the past 14 years.
- Carly believes that joy, engagement, and high expectations are foundational to optimal learning and success!
Company: Collegiate Academic Support
B.S. in Human Development in Learning
M.Ed. in Higher Education and Student Affairs
Contact Info: Email [email protected]
- 15 years of experience of working with college students in various capacities
- Peyton specializes in working with college students who suffer from ADHD, anxiety, and/or who need to create academic structure. She focuses on teaching self-advocacy, time management, and organizational skills.
- Peyton creates a customized plan for each student.
- Peyton offers virtual academic coaching sessions
- Peyton is an IBBCES Board Certified Cognitive Specialist and Master IEP Coach ®
Dana Aussenberg – Learning Specialist, M.S. Ed School Counseling
Contact Info: [email protected] / (914) 262-2021
- Dana is a Certified School Counselor specializing in working with students grades K-12, teaching Executive Functioning skills including organization, time management, and study strategies.
- Dana’s approach is grounded in relationship building and learning about her students. To achieve success, trust and connection are essential. For children to succeed both in and outside of the classroom, they need to know how to plan their time effectively, stay organized, and study “smarter not harder”.
- Dana worked in NYC as a School Counselor at a 6th through 12th-grade school in Gramercy Park, and then worked at one of the nine specialized public high schools in New York City as a College Counselor. She went on to work for the City University of New York in a college transitions program helping students to develop problem solving, time management, and communication skills through a collaborative inquiry-based approach.
- Dana has been working as a private Learning Specialist for over four years and is happy to communicate with your child’s school to work as a team, ensuring that your child is continuously progressing.
- B.A. from University of Pennsylvania
- Masters in Elementary Education from Bank Street College of Education
- Former 1st Grade Teacher at Dalton and High School Spanish teacher at York Prep
- Specializes in Reading and Writing
- Proficient in Spanish
- Available for in person tutoring
- Former High School Soccer Coach and Played College Soccer at UPENN
- Flexible hours
- Mother of 3 Teenagers
- Westport Resident of 18 years
- Lauren Field is a learning and reading specialist in Fairfield County with more than two decades of teaching experience. She has both her special education and elementary certifications.
- Has a BA in early childhood development and a Masters in Learning Disabilities
Offering 1:1 tutoring sessions
Can conduct formal reading evaluations and reading screenings- using a combination of standardized and informal assessments to determine where to target instruction
Tutoring approach includes Orton-Gillingham and other research-based systematic, sequential, multi-sensory approaches targeted to address identified needs using a variety of materials, methodologies, and targeted support to differentiate instruction
- Provides intervention and support in reading and writing
Company: Thrive Therapies, LLC
Contact info: [email protected] | Phone: (203) 295-4405
Areas of specialization: College consultation/post-high school planning and Executive Functioning Skills Coaching
Education: MA in Counselor Education with a specialization in school counseling ; CAS in Educational Leadership
- Meghan has been a school counselor and administrator for more than twenty years (grades 6-12, public and private).
- She is currently the Director of Guidance for grades 6-12 in a top-ranked Fairfield County public school system.
- She has guided thousands of students through the post high school planning process and assisted them in meeting with academic success along the way.
- Sessions can be held in person at our Norwalk office location or via zoom.
- Sessions tailored to students in grades 6-12.
- Please refer to the website for a la carte and package pricing.
Contact: [email protected] / (203) 222-7070
MoCA Westport offers a range of Academic & Art Enrichment options designed to blend literacy, math, and science skills with artistic adventures. For Pre-K and Kindergarten, join us for Mini MoCA Learning Lab & Art Adventures (M-F; 12:30 – 2:30pm). For students grades K – 4, MoCA Westport offers an After School Homework Help & Art Exploration program, providing an opportunity to work with certified instructors to complete homework and enjoy varied artistic pursuits (M-F; 3:30/4p-5:45pm).
- “Mommy and Me Mondays” Enjoy one hour every Monday this fall with your littlest. Meet other parents/caregivers while offering your baby their first developmentally appropriate sensory art experiences! This class is offered to parents/ caregivers and their child(ren) ages 3 – 18 months.
- “Toddler Thursdays” Introducing young children to art as creators and observers opens the door to self expression and creativity. The act of producing art assists toddlers in developing fine motor skills. Holding a paintbrush so that it will make the desired marks, snipping paper with scissors into definite shapes, drawing with a crayon, or squeezing glue from a bottle in a controlled manner; all help develop a child’s fine motor skills. Spend an hour with your toddler and one of our certified instructors every Thursday, beginning on September 9th – October 28th from 10:15a – 11:15a. Class will be held under the tent outdoors (weather permitting) and will be brought indoors when necessary.
Nicole Heselpoth, M.S., CCC-SLP – Speech-Language Pathologist
Contact Info: Email: [email protected] | (631) 236-2226
About: I hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA). I am fully licensed in both Connecticut and New York.
- I have been providing speech-language therapy to students with Individualized Education Plans (IEP) for 10 years.
- I spent 4 years working at Saugatuck Elementary School in Westport, before relocating to Long Island in 2019, where I currently work in a public school.
- I am available to provide speech and language therapy virtually for 30, 45 or 60 minute sessions.
- I can provide your child with support in the areas of articulation (speech sound production), grammar, vocabulary, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, higher level language skills (i.e., figurative language, inferencing) or pragmatic language.
Noah Appleton, M.S.Ed Mathematics Education
Contact: Email: [email protected] | Phone: (917) 913-6284 (MATH)
- 10+ years certified teaching experience and mathematics department head
- Has worked in public and private schools and with clients in NYC, Westchester and Fairfield counties
- Specializes in K-8 math education, Algebra, Geometry, and all sufferers of math anxiety
- Accepting new students for 2021-22
Contact Info: Visit www.princetonreview.com or call 800-2REVIEW
About Princeton Review:
- The Princeton Review has been offering 1:1 live, virtual tutoring for over 10 years in our award-winning online platform, and we are happy to help middle school, high school, and college students achieve their goals in over 30 subjects.
- Click here to visit our website and see all academic tutoring options.
Seagull Speech Servies
Contact info: Email [email protected] / (203) 947-5782
- Parents everywhere are trying to achieve a new sense of normalcy with their children as we slowly exit the pandemic, but nagging concerns about their speech and language development remain. Are my kids where they need to be academically and socially? My child didn’t qualify for school-based speech therapy, should I hire a private speech therapist or will my child grow out of it? Should I supplement my child’s school speech services with private services?
- These questions and so much more can be answered by Seagull Speech Services –Contact them today for a free initial consultation at (203) 947-5782
- Susan is an experienced, enthusiastic professional who has worked in the education field for 30 years.
- Susan is a literacy specialist. She has been a classroom teacher, reading specialist, and is presently a mentor teacher with Literacy How, Inc. She is responsible for training and coaching teachers in literacy along with providing literacy leadership to schools, school systems, and state initiatives. In addition, Susan provides comprehensive literacy tutoring to students pre-K – 12th
- Dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based instruction to meet students’ needs, ensuring success and positivity.
- Offering 1:1 tutoring sessions.
- Trained in a wide range of programs including Orton Gillingham, Writing Revolution, Core Knowledge Language Arts, and Wilson. Susan has expertise in reading, spelling, and writing instruction and will use a variety of materials and methodologies to differentiate instruction and support student growth.
- Qualified to conduct reading screenings using a combination of standardized and informal assessments to determine student’s literacy proficiency & where to target instruction.
- MA in early childhood and elementary education with a concentration in literacy from NYU.
- Contact Susan at [email protected]
Marc Lehman—owner of U ARE HEARD—a virtual private practice for high school and college students—call or email us for a free consultation
Contact info: Email [email protected] | Phone: (860) 214-7583
- Licensed therapist for the past 23 years working with HS and College students
- An amazing all-star staff of clinicians and coaches
- Our approach is entirely virtual. We are engaging and reach young adults on the level they prefer. We believe help should not be hard to get. We are easy to set up and begin, so your young adult can thrive and move in a more positive direction.