Tutors & Education Services
With the current state of the world, many of us are considering extra support for our kids to supplement (or replace) what school may look like this fall. While we know the schools are doing the very best we can, there are many amazing resources available locally (and remotely), and we want to share these with all of you! If you are interested in being listed, please email us anytime at email@example.com.
Alana Racioppa – Math Tutor For Grades K-8
Contact info: Alana.Racioppa@gmail.com / (203) 247-2988
- Certified Math Teacher
- 10 years teaching grades 5-8 in Stamford, CT
- Lifetime Westport Resident and Mom
- 17 years of experience Teaching & Tutoring grades Pre-K – 8
- M.S. in Elementary Education with a specialization in Early Childhood; M.S. in Literacy Birth – 12th Grade
- Advanced Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders
Contact info: Carlyridloff18@gmail.com / (516) 698-7698
- Carly has been a Tutor and Learning Specialist for the past 12 years in both a high performing charter school as well as privately.
- She has a strong knowledge base from a variety of curriculums which allows her to incorporate elements from different approaches to create learning programs that meet the specific needs of her students.
- Carly believes that joy, engagement and high expectations are the roots to optimal learning and success.
- ConnectPrep is a Westport family owned education company dedicated to empowering students in our community with K-12 academic instruction, homeschooling, test prep, and college advising.
- We bring decades of teaching experience with award winning educators that foster confidence building and creativity with a team approach.
- Our programs are tailored to the students’ individual learning styles, and accommodate students with learning challenges.
- We are driven to equip our students with the fundamental skills that will serve them throughout their academic career and beyond.
- Hillie holds a master’s degree in General and Special Education grades 1-6. She has 10 years of teaching experience in NYC private schools.
- Hillie provides instruction across subject areas including phonics, reading, writing, math and organizational skills.
- Hillie is a Literacy Specialist trained in the Orton Gillingham approach and has successfully helped many struggling readers learn how to read. She is trained in Teacher’s College Reading and Writing Project curriculum commonly used in classrooms.
- After initial assessments, Hillie creates an individualized learning plan specific to your child’s strengths and needs.
- Hillie offers private 1-1 and small group tutoring sessions at your home or over Zoom.
- Current High School math teacher with over 15 years of experience.
- Tutors Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Pre-calculus
- Lauren Field is a learning and reading specialist in Fairfield County with more than two decades of teaching experience. She has both her special education and elementary certifications.
- Has a BA in early childhood development and a Masters in Learning Disabilities
Offering 1:1 tutoring sessions
Can conduct formal reading evaluations and reading screenings- using a combination of standardized and informal assessments to determine where to target instruction
Tutoring approach includes Orton-Gillingham and other research-based systematic, sequential, multi-sensory approaches targeted to address identified needs using a variety of materials, methodologies, and targeted support to differentiate instruction
- Provides intervention and support in reading and writing
- I strengthen phonic skills without losing the joy of reading
- I help children inhabit the lives of writers and love it
- I scaffold math concepts- so it all just – makes sense
- I foster the can-do mindset that allows those Aha! moments
- I draw upon 30 years of experience, combining music, theatre, and core elementary subjects. I love helping children feel confident.
- My area of expertise lies in providing parents with the tools they need to strengthen parent-child relationships while decreasing problem behaviors. I also provide children with the tools they need to build resilience and confidence that will help them cope with everyday life.
- I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Child and Family Studies, from Syracuse University, and a Masters Degree in Child Development from Bankstreet College of Education. I have also trained extensively in Parent Management at the Yale Parenting Center.
- As a certified Child Life Specialist, I have ample experience in child development and parenting. At Parent and Play, I specialize in helping families with parenting tips, coping strategies, child-centered play, and behavioral changes.
- K-12 Tutoring, Executive Function Coaching, Test Prep, College Advising, Micro-schooling
- Over 16 years of K-12 administrative, teaching, and tutoring experience in NY, CT, MA, CA, Italy, and Switzerland
- 11 years of teaching and tutoring experience in NYC and Fairfield County
- MA in Italian Renaissance Literature, Middlebury/University of Florence; completing an MA in English Literature, Bread Loaf/Oxford; BA in English and Italian, Tufts
- Offers summer, semester, and full-year courses in English, Creative Writing, Italian, Latin, Humanities, Language Arts, and the Performing and Visual Arts
- Offers group and individual tutoring/micro-schooling sessions at your home, local library, and online.
- Middle school & elementary math teacher/ specialist for over 17 years
- Taught in NYC – district 2 middle schools for 10 years
- Most recently working as an elementary math specialist in White Plains, NY and loving it
- Available for math tutoring and focused on elementary / middle school up to 7th grade
- Can do prep before school begins and/or during the year